Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tilba16
New Contributor
New Contributor

Loss of connection with CCTV since moving to NBN

Since connecting to the NBN (had cable) and getting a new modem/router FAST5366LTE-A I have lost remote connection to my CCTV system. Is this a Firewall issue and if so how do I change the level?

I can connect to the cameras locally but need remote access as I am away from home regularly.

Thats enough about me, what do you think of me !!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Loss of connection with CCTV since moving to NBN

If it have already done, you need to setup Port Forwarding Rule on the new modem to allow you to access your CCTV from outside.

If you still have your old modem, then plug that in and see if the external access works. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tilba16
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not sure how to set up port forwarding. How would I do that if the CCTV IP address is xx.xx.xx.xx media port 9000: web port85

Thats enough about me, what do you think of me !!
0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Goto: Network settings, click on show sections, select Port Forwarding, fill in the details as per the camera's settings and port etc. If you have your old modem, looks at the port forwarding rules there and try to replicated them to the new modem.  Also check that NAT enable and Enable UPnP IGd are ON.

Depending on your camera system, it could support uPnP and auto map. Some will have a dedicated server, some will need to access by individual IP address. Might need more details about your setup and system. 

There are some guides for setting up port forwarding, eg https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/gateway-f-st-3864-windows-10/settings/set-up-port-forwardin...

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors