Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jilly68
Contributor
Contributor

Live Chat

Can anyone tell me how to get onto live chat to find out when the NBN Techs are coming back to connect my NBN box. All the wiring was done on 18.12.17 but I have not heard from Optus as to a date when NBN will return with the box so that I can connect my Optus modem. Live chat says it is off line all the time. All I want is a date when NBN Techs will be returning.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
saktek
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Live Chat

Live chat got new name Dead Chat because it was designed by Kindergarten students

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @jilly68, I'm happy to help out with this one. Are you able to help us answer the following questions?

Had we ever confirmed an activation date with you?

Had you gone through us to organise the wiring?

What sort of wiring was completed on the day?

NBN categorise addresses into service classes. The service class corresponds with the existing network infrastructure present at the address and as well as work needed to get your service up and running. In most instances, all the required work is carried out on the date of your NBN installation appointment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jilly68
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Optus was to organise the installation of the HFC wiring installation. The first date was 1.12.17. On that day the NBN Tech looked around my unit and said that the whole complex was not wired for NBN and that I would have to wait until that wiring was done. I rang Optus and they did not know anything about this. I then received a visit from NBN Tech on 18.12.17 and the wiring was carried out in the roof of the building and then a connection point was installed in my unit on the lounge wall. He said he would advise Optus the next day and they would then ring me to arrange another date for NBN box installation. I did not hear anything more from Optus until 27.12.17 when I received a text telling me to ring regarding an appointment. A Lady, whose Aussie accent was so bad I could barely understand her said that I would receive a visit from someone on 10.1.18. I do not know what the appointment is for. I could not understand her. She said her name was TIN. 

0 Kudos
Miles_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for confirming these details for us, @jily68. Can understand that you'd like to get your connection organised ASAP so my apologies for the long process. From time to time the NBN techs will need to make multiple visits to the property to get the wiring done. Please let us know if anything needs to be done once the techs visit on the 10th so that we can investigate further.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors