Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Landlines not working after 5366 TN installation

Installed modem and had a dial tone on phone 1 but an engaged signal on phone 2. I then swapped the phones over, the hands free phone from port 1 to port 2 then the old Telstra land line phone from port 2 to port 1. The old phone now had dial tone and the hands free had no dial tone. Whats going on? The unit had no manual or any sort of paperwork in the box it came in!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: 5366 TN

Usually it is the port 1 that is your phone line. When is your NBN connection completed? Maybe they are still provisioning the lines. Turn the power of the 5366 tn off and try again.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

As far as I know it is connected. Tried reboot with no luck. Why have 2 outlets for phone line and only 1 work? does it need to be configured or something??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Why have 2 outlets for phone line and only 1 work? 

Its in case you have two distinct telephone service (i.e. two phone numbers) with Optus.

does it need to be configured or something??

Only Optus can configure the second port, and if you just want to use it as an extension/second line (with same incoming number), I doubt they would do that, but I just don't know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Landline not working for 3 weeks, been calling Optus everyday!!! Ive read all the solutions and nothing works. Ive had the same set up for 3 years and it just stopped working while internet still works. I have never been switched over to Nbn so that should be excluded.
Please help Ive got a 70 year old mother depending on this phone..
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Truckem, I understand your concern with this - a working home phone is critical right now!

We're experiencing higher-than-usual delays, however, we're getting back to everyone as fast as we can.

Please reach out to us via our Facebook OR Twitter pages and mention that you have no working home phone so your message can be prioritised accordingly and we'll respond as soon as we're able. 

Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Are you saying that there are 2 outlet from the Wall or the Modem?
Anyhow, from your description, Phone 1 has a dial tone and it is working, Phone 2 has an engage signal . ONLY Phone 1 is active. Sounds like you want to connect both the old Telstra corded phone and the Cordless phone at the same time. Phone 2 is for another line, so it won't achieve what you want.

Some cordless phone have a loop back, ie 1 port in and 1 port out. If that is your modem, then connect the Phone1 to the 1 port on the cordless then connect the out port to the Telstra phone.

If not then you would need a double adaptor to split the Phone1 into 2. Something like this
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Plastic-RJ11-6P4C-Double-Holes-Female-Telephone-Wire-Cable-Inline-Splitt...

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos