Searching...

Landline won't accept incoming calls

CAPegs

I have just had the NBN installed at my house, we have a HFC connection. I was at work when the tech come around and my wife looked after the things while the guy installed the nbn modem. I had a sagecom black modem that I was using with ADSL, but I believe it is nbn compatiable. The tech guy didn't set it up as he wanted to know where the modem uptus sent us was ], however I was never sent a new modem. When I got home I contacted Optus to confirm my current modem was compatiable and then connected it to the NBN modem. The internet connected and everything seemed fine. I connected my home phone to the sagecom and tryed making a call and it worked. What I forgot to do was try calling the home number. It wasn't until latter in the week that my Mum called on my mobile and said she had been trying to call me all week on the landline number but was getting a busy signal. Is this a common problem? I have contacted Optus and tryed troubleshooting the issue, but no luck fixing it, so I believe it has been esculated. This is a bit of an annoyance as my wife works from home and uses the landline for contact purposes with clients. How long do these type of issues take to fix? 

Thanks

Re: Landline won't accept incoming calls

Jeneral__Pain

Porting the landline takes between 4 hours to 10 working days to bring it over to the NBN network.

your best bet is to speak to Optus on 133343 from another number that isn’t your landline so they can troubleshoot it. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: Landline won't accept incoming calls

CAPegs

It has been over two weeks I didn’t realize it wasn’t working for the first week. I have chatted with someone who went through the trouble shooting steps. It is more the annoyance factor, that you pay for a service that your not getting delivered as expected and appears  to be a common problem. While my internet is vastly improved, it should not come at the cost of having a landline. I am waiting for the results of the issue being esculated, I guess it is wait an see at the moment. 

Thanks

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos