Searching...
Highlighted

Landline to nbn/modem (ALLREADY DIALLING OUT)

M4200

Hi Guys just wondering if anybody could help me with my switch from landline phone to nbn?

I have been without a landline since the 22nd of Aug and believe it's due to switching from old network to NBN (is there a switch off date around 3 months from installation still).

I have recently purchased a NBN ready Homephone handset and plugged it into my NBN modem, as of rite now I can dial out and the number is set to private leaving me with no new number.

I need to be able to retain my old home phone number while using this new set up, I would also like to know how to unblock this number so that my loved ones can call me until this is fixed.

Look foreward to any suggestions and thanks for any assistance.

Re: Landline to nbn/modem (ALLREADY DIALLING OUT)

caaf

Hi there,

I wonder if you're able to log into the model and look at/for the registered number. Sadly I can't direct you as to the location am not familiar to what modem you're using Smiley Wink

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Landline to nbn/modem (ALLREADY DIALLING OUT)

Shauna

So sorry for the late reply @M4200. Did you speak to someone in this regards since posting? You can definitely keep your existing Home phone number and transfer it across to NBN. Our Tech Support team can arrange this for you so just jump on Live Chat to speak to them now. They can also help you with setting up the caller ID so that others can see your number when you call them. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
13 Kudos
12 Kudos