cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Posix
New Contributor

L2TP vpn can't get connected

Hi, with Optus NBN, I'm running an L2TP vpn ( with ipsec) server in my home PC, and I tried to dial vpn into my home PC through my Optus mobile phone, the connection is always failure.  

Is this vpn protocal banned in Optus network? How can I get it through?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: L2TP vpn can't get connected

Hi @Posix, you'll have to discuss this with our tech team on 131344. This is something they can only confirm. Please do let us know once you've spoken to know with them. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Posix I'm using L2TP/IPSec VPN no problems.  I terminate my Optus NBN connection at my Vyatta-based firewall (bridged modem).  No issues connecting from my iPhone over Optus mobile broadband to home.

Firewall rules and NAT issues are the two things you need to double-check by checking packets arriving and correctly processed.

PS: I have a static IP.

0 Kudos
New Contributor joemeow
New Contributor

Have you tried to contact with your VPN provider? I faced the same issue and when i contacted my VPN provider, they solved the issue.

I was using PureVPN for Wifi Security

0 Kudos