cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Knock down rebuild

Hi

I am demolishing my house soon and wondering what should I do to remove my NBN properly before 

demolition start.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Knock down rebuild

Cancel any plans and take out any unpluggable equipment.

Apply to the NBN for them to disconnect any cabling. Unfortunately only the NBN can do this and they charge like a wounded bull for the service. You're talking in the order of $1000 just to unhook a cable. 

https://www.nbnco.com.au/develop-or-plan-with-the-nbn/commercial-works

Obviously the new home should plan to have conduits in place as needed for the NBN cabling to be put back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Knock down rebuild

Hi @Fjusam, exciting times ahead.  Are you going to be rebuilding a brand new house?

I'd recommend getting in contact with NBN to have a chat to them about what do to next as they will have a process in place for anyone in the same situation as yourself.  Their equipment will need to be removed by a qualified technician and then reinstalled accordingly once the house is rebuilt.

With regards to the equipment inside the house, i.e. Optus modem, NBN NCD box, you'd just store them away until you are ready to connect them up and continue using the Internet connection.  Alternatively, if you're going to be living in a temporary home where you need an Internet service, you could relocate your service to use there.

If you'd like to relocate your service, you can do this online.  More info on the relocating process can be found here.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7 for further assistance with the relocating process.

Top Contributors