cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Just use the Sagecom as an ATA

Is it possible to just use the SagecomF@st3864v3HP just for the Phone and connect another Modem/Router to use for Internet and WiFi.

I read the thread about bringing your own VOIP Device but that concentrated mostly on HFC connections and mine is FTTN. I am thinking of using an Asus DSL AC68U instead of the Optus Modem.

Cheers

Linuts

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Just use the Sagecom as an ATA

The folowing should work (if it doesn't, please let us know as that will be very helpful) - it has been posted several times in other threads:

1. First connect the Optus router to the NBN modem and leave connected until everything – particularly VOIP incoming calls – is working correctly.
2. Disconnect Optus router and connect your router to the NBN modem (and ensure it is working correctly).
3. Connect the Optus router's WAN port to a LAN port on your router.
4. Give the Optus router a static IP address in your router (very important).
5. Forward port 5060 in your router to the Optus router's IP address. Connect phone to Optus phone port.
6. Probably wise to disable wireless in the Optus router.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply...I am on FTTN so the Only Modem i have is the Optus supplied sagecomF@st3864v3HP  I So the Sagecom looks after everything ...Internet...Phone...WiFi. I think that you are refering to people connected to HFC with a NTD. I do not have a seperate Optus router.

It  would be east to just use The AC68U for my Wifi but i want it to be used to connect to the Internet as well and just have the Sagecom for the phone connection.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

newline thank youfor the help....after reading your post again  I gather you mean i disconnect all but thePhone on the Sagecom Then connect a ethernet cable from the Sagecom WAN port to a LAN port on the AC68UThen follow steps 4 thru 6  and  then connect my other devices to the LAN ports on the AC68U.

Sorry if i seem a bit slow but i am not really a techie and it takes a while to sink in.

cheers

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yes. I assumed you have the DSL AC68U which is a modem-router. So, once the Optus Sagemcom is up and running, including phone working correctly for outgoing and incoming calls, disconnect it. Connect the Asus to the FTTN outlet and do the above. All your internet connections will be to the Asus and the phone, only, to the Sagemcom.

Please post again if successful or if you have issues.

New Contributor RT_Aus
New Contributor

Thanks, this worked first time connecting directly to my router.

Interestingly if I connect the optus router through my 16 port switch (which is connected to my router) and not directly to my router it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors