cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
fuzzdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is this acceptable NBN HFC 100/40 evening speeds and latency ?

Case got closed earlier today being advised my connection has been restored. 😐 

New case logged as apparently the original ticket was incorrectly logged as a downed line, will try to call them tonight when it starts playing up again. 

0 Kudos
fuzzdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update.

So with my lovely connection of 337ms latency and 6/23 Mbps tonight I called technical support. There was no wait time which was good, but unfortunately they could not assist me as the 'New Case' was only logged this afternoon and is currently with the case manager who will contact me tomorrow morning. After pleading my case, for a few minutes, that issue was logged previously and issue only occurs during the evening I caved in and will wait for the call in the morning.

Finger crossed they will not close my ticket again. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

" I caved in and will wait for the call in the morning."

$10 bucks to the charity of your choice says you will not be contacted tomorrow morning.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If anyone is still having this issue on NBN, check out Game Path.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
fuzzdude
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray. The high congestion still pops it ugly head from time to time. Given up logging them.

Game fast is only for PCs so no good for consoles plus an extra $10 p/m is a bit rich for me for essentially a VPN. Also don't think this would help with HFC NBN when there is local congestion.
0 Kudos