Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
adams2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet security

Just switch to NBN.

This morning I received an email that my OISS had been cancelled. I phoned customer care and was told to renew online. I tried this and got message Optus Internet Security Suite is not currently available with your broadband service. Phoned Customer Care on 133 937 and was told Optus didn’t provide internet security for NBN.

Now without any warning my computer says it is unprotected.

What is another good antivirus program? I really liked the one I had.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Internet security

Hey Adams,

Recon if you put that quote into Google you'll get a few good hits.

like.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588-5.html

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
yangelmar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Internet security

A paid antivirus software does have a number of advantages over its free counterpart, and this is its far more comprehensive cover and protection. First of all, paid versions are easier to install, do not have advertisements attached to them, update simultaneously, automatically using the latest virus information and offer additional features such as parental controls. Paid virus protection systems often include useful extras such as backup and recovery tools, useful if your PC crashes, and performance enhancement utilities that ensure that your laptop or PC are running at their most efficient. There is also the advantage of high quality customer support and technical back-up, often lacking in free software versions.