cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Happy1234
New Contributor

Internet problems

Hi, 

We have been having major internet problems ever since our service was installed, something that was a drama in itself, with no technician showing up, and lots of excuses and outright lies told, before we in contact with NBN directly rearranged ourselves. 

Since that our service continually drops out several times a day, most of the time we can manually reset it, but not all the time. We have had 2 technicians come out and fail to fix it, while also had 2 technicians that haven’t even bothered to show up. 

As a couple who both work 9-5 we have had to take either annual leave or leave without pay every time someone is booked as Optus will not send people on Saturday’s. This so far, adding in significant mobile data charges, has meant we are out of pocket a lot of money yet still have poor internet. 

When phoning customer support, which we have done many many times, they are quite frankly terrible. They keep giving the same message, have you tried resetting it? Yes, Yes we have, at least 5/6 times per day for the last 2 months. 

Furthermore, it has been incredibly frustrating trying to get in contact with anyone to talk to to make a complaint. So far I have had one phone operator put me on hold while he went on his

lunch break, waited for a supposed call back from the supervisor which 2 weeks later has still not happened. I won’t hold my breath here. Had one operator, clearly not in the mood for a disgruntled, yet polite I may add, customer who gave me a random NBN number saying it was a senior Optus number of

someone who could help us out. 

We are absolutely sick, and tired of this quite abismal service, both in actual internet connection and customer relations. We would happily move to a more professional provider who had time to help and fix it problems and listen to what we are telling them. The only reluctance is that we are so far out of pocket, it is not a cost effective option.

Recently our Fetch tv will not even work for all the channel 9 channels, any cricket fan can tell you how annoying this is right now. 

We are at a witts end, and would like to know Optus, what exactly are you going to do to resolve this issue? 

Regards,

one disgruntled customer 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor Berowra2
Contributor

Re: Internet problems

Hi @Happy1234,

What technology is used for your connection?   I know NBNCo are still having issues with HFC - one of the reasons why the have stopped selling it at the moment.

Please provide more information about the service.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi, 

Yes it is HFC, it’s good to know it’s not just us but a wider issue. However, Still doesn’t justify the above service. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Berowra2
Contributor

Hi @Happy1234,  Just keep escalating.  Eventually, your issue will get escalated within NBNCo to the level where they will react to your access.  You should be able to access the counters on your modem to determine that it is the NBNCo access that is at fault.

New Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for Your advice and words of support. I will most certainly keep escalating this, until we recieve a satisfactory outcome. Hopefully sooner rather than later 

0 Kudos