Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Internet out, please explain why?

My internet has been out since I got up this morning, it was fine through the storm last night, here in Wentworth Falls but some of my neighbours say their internet and VOIP are also out and are not with Optus as ISP. Can someone please tell me what the issue is as I've done all the home troubleshooting so it would appear to be a problem at your end? One neighbour mention that Telstra told her, her outage was due to water in the lines. I cannot get through on the mobile to Optus to raise the issue and have waited over 30 mins without anyone responding. Is the phone call to Optus free if it is to report an outage? My 3G coverage is so poor here that it has taken me 15 minutes just to login to yescrowd. I also managed to get to the outages page for Optus on my iPad but it says there Re no outages in my area. What gives? PLEASE LET ME KNOW
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Internet out, please explain why?

All calls from an Optus mobile phone are free to Optus (even from overseas)

You are with the NBN now (who are responsible for the in ground connection to your home). However Optus are resonsible for getting the NBN off their backside if they don't already know.

What street and postcode are you near?

What NBN Technology are you using (Wireless, FTTN?)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

FTTN is at my house. The postcode is 2782 in Central Lane, Wentworth Falls and neighbours with different ISPs are reporting outages (Telstra told one it's water in cables.) So am I supposed to call NBN as well or are you letting them know? Please tell me if you need the specific address. This VOIP is a pain as we now only have one non smart mobile and my very poorly coveraged 3G iPad once the net goes down. I can barely get a signal for 3G in my house. I have internet plus mighty fetch plus optus sport plus 3G and a pre paid mobile with you so would appreciate if you could get someone on to it asap. Andy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I suspect water in the cables is a big problem around the nation right now (Thanks Tony Abbott for your FTTN technology fail)

BTW I'm not from Optus. You will need to get onto Optus directly (Live Chat via the Optus App on your phone?) and report your outage. If others are also on it then I suspect NBNCo already know your area has an issue.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Pete, thought someone from Optus might have bothered to monitor this. I don't have a smart phone, ours is a dumb phone, we rely on the very poor 3G coverage on my 3rd gen iPad once the net is down. Finally got through to Optus after 30 mins. So it is logged now. Who knows how many weeks it will be...last time a truck took down a line it took 3 months to fix! Cheers, Andy
0 Kudos