cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor whatishappening
New Contributor

Internet not working!!

We have been living in our new apartment for 2 weeks and chasing optus up has been a nightmare! We had scheduled for the internet to be actived in the first week since our move, but supposedly it was not booked in the last optus chat session and so we had scheduled for it to happen in the second week, yesterday (14/8/19). I literally spent the whole day with a facebook correspondent and nothing has been solved... We have resetted the modem a few times (on/off method, hard reset method), I even plugged it into different ethernet sockets around my house - the DSL and wifi lights just keeping flashing on and off, none of the other lights are on. When I try to connect to the wifi it says there is no internet connection. Activation has been complete and all tests have been completed... We have got the activation sms's... and have waited the 24hours... 4 hours etc recommended by the Optus tech supporters for our service to be activated... Please let me know what to do next! We have already used 50% of our data from our phones! Does a technician need to come by?!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor AngryAnon
Occasional Contributor

Re: Internet not working!!

I had problem like this a while ago. It turned out that the username and password settings in the router for the Internet connection were incorrect.

0 Kudos
New Contributor whatishappening
New Contributor

Re: Internet not working!!

So after hard resetting it a few times the internet light came on and the wifi started working (around 10:30pm). Unfortunately it was short lived as I just came home from work and I cant connect to the wifi at all. Does this mean I need to hard reset it again and not change the name of it?

0 Kudos