cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Internet no working suspect faulty modem Optus support is useless

This is more of a rant I'm hoping will get me somewhere, I registered for NBN and my modem and what not past tuesday received the modem on Friday and I was able to connect to the internet through the modem at 0.02mb/s which I expected as the NBN had not been hooked up yet. NBN guy came this Monday and set everything up at about 2pm he told me it's all good and will take about 15 minutes to work if not then I need to contact support. An hour later it still didn't work and this time I was unable to access internet at all not even the .02mb I had before so I contact Optus through chat and it turns out my modem wasn't activated or approved or something along the lines so I go through all that and I'm told it could take up to 4 hours "6 at the latest" to have an effect so I sleep on it, the next morning (Tuesday now) I wake up and still there's no change to the modem the dsl light comes on but no internet light, so I contact Optus chat again, they try telling me I set up the modem incorrectly (apparently it super hard to plug in a grey cable 😑) I informed them I surely set it up correctly and sure enough I went through the steps to unplug and plug a whole 3 cables in again, still no difference so I'm instructed to factory reset still no difference, I'm then told they will be working on it and I will receive an sms in 12hrs if a technician needs to visit the premises. 12hrs later no text and the internet still doesn't work so I contact AGAIN and they run me through the same thing yet again and try to get me to sign in manually to adsl2+ on the modem homepage still doesn't work and then I was told yet again that something in the background is going to be done and if it doesnt work in 4hrs to contact again and guess what... Nothing changed so I contacted again (about 9:30 last night) and I'm ran through the same thing again setting up the modem and then they are going to do something in the background again 😡 so far haven't heard anything and the modem still won't connect to the internet. I'm suspecting a faulty modem but apparently it's impossible to get someone to just come out and take a look and so now I'm having to use my data for university watching a bunch of videos and what not eating that away so I'm gonna end up having to pay $10/GB I go over bc of this stupid situation 😡😡😡😡

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Internet no working suspect faulty modem Optus support is useless

Quite the runaround @James98, apologies for that. We can take a quick look on our to check provisioning on our end and the nbn side, and then if things don't improve we'll pass this through to our case management team to investigate. Can you send through a private message with the internet username as well as full name and DOB? We'll work from there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor KarCav
Occasional Contributor

Standard Optus!!! Bad service, high prices, treat loyal customers like dirt.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Yea finally got through to a case manager and organised a technitian for a week later (tomorrow now) still took too long. And I was told i was going to be getting extra data for my mobile bc of all the delays in getting set up and that was a fkn pain to get aswell, finally ended up getting a free dongle and 50gb data which isnt enough for my a 500-600gb/month usage as a software developer and university student so i tried bugging for extra and was only able to get 10gb to my phone plan. I understand that they didnt want to supply me with more data bc i will only be charged for the NBN service once it works but im still put out of work and study for 2 weeks to get all this set up and its not like theyre really losing much money giving one permanent customer a few gig free to make up for a faulty modem or whatever the heck is wrong. Should be policies in place to ensure customers are covered for unforseen issues like this, if i was doing my software and what not full time from home i could potentially lose a job over this (lucky im not but someone else could have). So now ive been rationing my 50gb to get me through till tomorrow (hopefully its fixed by then) and even without downloading any updates or anything of the sort ive nearly gone through it all. Laughable. 

edit: also talking to the customer support is appauling, they dont even read your message correctly. One instance i replied "ok mate" and they responded "Ok ill wait" and another just couldnt grasp the concept that i was using my phone to connect to the chat service and using my PC to set up the modem and then one couldnt even find the nbn set up in my name when I was sitting looking at the fkn modem infront of me Smiley Indifferent 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors