Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet dropping out 10 times a day minimum

My internet is dropping out every few hours. I've had optus technicians come to the house and been sent new modems to the house from optus but the issue still persists. This issue has gone on for about 8 months now and I'm so fed up with it, the only reason I wont leave is because of the Premier league soccer that optus have. I have a the cheaply made black optus sagecom modem with dual bandwidth, has anyone else experiencing these drop outs this frequently? The LAN and WiFI both drop out when this occurs. It will drop out for about 3-4 minutes then reconnect. Can someone please help, should I get an high end router in the hope it will fix the issue as I've tried literally everything else. And its definitely not a cable issue (so I'm told from optus)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet dropping out 10 times a day minimum

We don't know, basically. Nobody ever gets back to us as to what solved the problem, or what caused it. They keep all that secret as well. I suspect it's faulty NBN node equipment - that's why they won't admit to the cause of it. They are sitting there, logging all your dropouts and pretending they don't know what causes it, or how distressed you must be.

All I know is that Aussie broadband is transparent about the process of fixing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Internet dropping out 10 times a day minimum

Do you have the same issues? Have your issues been resolved? I dont know what to do. I think you could be right about the NBN faulty node. 

0 Kudos