cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

AllisoninErko
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet drop outs

I have being experiencing intermittent dropouts for several weeks which is extremely frustrating. I've called Optus several times and had a technican come to the house to reset the network. I've even got a new modem and it still continues. And I have done the basic troubleshooting options. The problem continues. Optus how are you going to solve this given I continue to pay for this poor service? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kartika

Re: Internet drop outs

Sorry to hear about your ongoing internet connection issue @AllisoninErko. Understand this is frustrating. If your modem is already replaced and the issue still exists then it confirms it is not a Wi-Fi / modem issue. There could be lot of factors affecting the dropouts. Was this an NBN or Optus technician that visited?

We will have to perform some line / network test on your specific connection and escalate it further. However we can`t access customers account details here as this is a public forum. As such your best to contact our support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Internet drop outs

@AllisoninErkoSome questions first up:

What NBN technology are you using?

Are you connecting via WIFI? Have you tried via CAT5e to see if it's a WIFI problem?

What modem/router do you have and what firmware does it have?

How often does it drop out? What do you do to get it back?

How long does it drop out for?

What lights are on the modem/router if non HFC or on the HFC modem when the drop out occurs?

What did the tech test and do when he visited? And did the tech work Optus or NBN? Did they show you anything while they were there?

If you are technically minded can you log into the modem and get any stats on the connectivity and the logs? If you can then attach them so people can check them out.

Different end users on yes crowd can help with different setups and configurations better than Optus can when the problem is not on the standard optus scripts.

0 Kudos