cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Polo
Occasional Contributor

Incorrectly Cancelled NBN

Optus has incorrectly cancelled my parents' NBN which was under my name. I moved house and my partner gave verbal permission over the phone to Optus to cancel our home. They managed to mess that up completely and cancelled the wrong one. Then I was told they couldn't just switch it back on. I waited on the phone for 90 minutes and was told it would be turned back on the next  day... still nothing. Called up again and passed around more only to have the line drop out. Went on to chat and the person didn't reply so I gave up after 10 minutes. Tried calling again but there was an hour wait.

Raised a complaint with the TIO as it has now been more than a week without the internet for my parents. Additionaly, I don't believe they cancelled the intended service either. Tried to speak on chat again to escalate immediatley and was told I'd receive a call. Yet to happen. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Incorrectly Cancelled NBN

As you have referred it to the TIO, you'll have to wait for a response from the Case officer in CRG. For reference, you can escalate to this team yourself via www.optus.com.au/complaints

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors