cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incorrect billing

I have been sent a bill for $354.79 on an account that should not exist and which I was asssured was closed and inactive. The account is 72179211000114 and this received letter is threatening to suspend my services. I have made numerous calls to Optus over the past 9 months and do not seem to be able to get satisfaction. I am beginning to hate Optus! My "real" account number is 62313546483. Can someone get their act together and fix this once and for all. By the way, your customer contact arrangements are crap.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Incorrect billing

@nnuta  As per the Large Bold Red text on the Yes Crowd Home page and on the side of this page Yes Crowd has no access to customer accounts/orders.

Send a letter to Optus Customer Relations Group PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106

Here is a link to confirm the address 
https://www.optus.com.au/support/feedback-and-complaints#:~:text=Lodge%20a%20complaint,-If%20we%20ar... 

Being a letter Optus has to act on it.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I couldn't believe it when I read your story- I have been experiencing a similar issue with my 'account' which I closed months ago. After numerous lengthy phone calls, OPTUS chats, you name it, after promises they will 'look into it', it's 'not their department', 'let me transfer you to someone else' ... to no avail,  I am beyond furious. I have been harassed on my home phone by their automated system telling me I owe money and will cancel my service, received emails threatening to 'restrict my service' and finally contacted by collections to chase up a $360 bill that is for services I am receiving from ANOTHER PROVIDER!!!

I have just spent another 45 minutes being passed from person to person who ultimately DO NOT HELP! I am at a loss as to what else to do to stop the harassment. They cannot cut off my internet as they do not provide it, however I am very concerned that I will have an issue with my credit status due to this false situation OPTUS has created and will not accept responsibility for. Customer service is non-existent. Any suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Really sorry to hear about your experience so far @JaneD. Definitely frustrating. We can look into the bill for you. 

However since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such your best to contact us via Social media by  sending a → private message to Optus on Facebook or a → direct message on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy