cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

LLF
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incorrect NBN contract

I was contacted by Optus to change my contract over to NBN whilst I was out running errands. After a brief conversation I was advised to choose the $80 per month plan and was told I would receive an email. Email received a week later and is for the $60 per month plan. Its due to be installed in 2 days. After  3 hours on the phone and internet chat today I still cant get a clear answer about getting the correct plan. Optus says they cant change the plan until its activated but I am concerned I will be stuck with a service that is too slow for our needs at a time that we really need fast internet. Does anyone know how long it takes for an upgrade to be implemented? Should I cancel the contract and then wait for another appointment? So sick of spending hours on hold waiting to be put through to the wrong department and so frustrated that there is no in house complaints department. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Incorrect NBN contract

Don't cancel the appointment. Getting the NBN hook up is not something you mess with lightly. The NBN hookup is quite seperate from any plan Optus put you on.

Don't worry about the $60 plan issue. Optus actively encourage people to move to the $80 one and its quite straight forward. You're moving to a more expensive contract which Optus are fine with. No extra install work is needed. Just get the NBN up and running and then sort the $80 plan (you don't even need to say it was a mistake, just say you now want it)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS $80 buys you a 25MBps plan. You can pay another $20 for the 100Mbps plan (optional and changable month to month).

LLF
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter. Optus actually cancelled the appointment and contract but the NBN person turned up anyway and I have the NBN installed. I contacted Optus again 9 days ago and they started up a new contract but I have received no email or anything to confirm its in the process at all. I have contacted Optus multiple times now (I think I am up to about 18 hours trying to sort this out) and can't seem to get a straight answer about whats happening. I was told 4 times it would be working within 24 hours but nothing. Each department just seems to palm me off. Last thing I was told that the person who arranged the contract would call me but again no call back, no email and no working NBN. I dont know whether ot keep tryng to contact Optus or just go with another provider at this point. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus tells NBNCo to do the job, NBNCo log the job, Optus cancel the job at their end and don't tell NBNCo, NBNCo do the job, Optus now considers the situation cancelled. You might need to followup to get more action (LiveChite and try get to the NBN department)

Note, be careful deciding to go for another RSP - You may end up with two contracts to two RSPs for the same time period - confirm Optus still regard the current contract as cancelled.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @LLF, we're here if you still need a hand with this!

Feel free to PM us with any order/account details, your address, full name and DOB so we can double check everything for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors