cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm trying to cancel my Optus service

Hi,

I have been wanting to cancel the service for the past two months. I have written 100s of complaints and called the customer care number (which takes 100 hours to pick up the phone call), it's very, very bad service from Optus.

Even for canceling a service I have to lodge so many complaints and calls. I haven't got a single reply from them until now. The only prompt reply is from the Collections department, which again connects you to the customer care number which takes 100s of hours!!!!

What a terrible service!! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancel the service!!

Hi,

We’ve optimised your post to help users better understand what the topic is about and your question to be answered more clearly by the Yes Crowd community.

It definitely shouldn't take all that effort, have you tried contacting us via Live Chat? I've just tested it out and connected to an agent right away. You haven't provided the specifics but if it happens to be a mobile service and you want to keep the number and use it with another provider you just need to arrange it with them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How can I cancel the service as at end march 2020 when local Optus Stores are not allowed to take cancellations and I can't get on to CHAT now to get them to do it.  I recently 23rd March spoke on CHAT to Optus and they were going to cancel it but then I discovered my ipad account had not been sent over to Telstra.  Telstra raised their own new mobile number for data for my ipad.  I was confused then and until I worked it all out , I cancelled the cancellation with Optus.   Now I have found I have 2 services for my ipad and I need to cancel the Optus one finally.  Help!!!!  How can I cancel my ipad service without being billed months into 2020 if no one can help me??? I can't afford to pay two bills for my ipad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Our customer care staff are only handling critical enquiries (for the moment). We're in the process of mobilising additional support teams, but this will take some time. 

All I can suggest for now is to stop paying the disputed amount. If you have a direct debit setup, cancel it via My account.

Until April 30th, we're:

· Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020

· Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

We'll make an announcement once normal operations have resumed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@JudyMitch I succeeded in cancelling a service by calling sales on 1300 343 302 - don't waste time on chat in the app - they don't have authority.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I changed my service provider when NBN was installed on 17 February and contacted Optus by phone after that date to cancel my account.  Apparently it is NOT cancelled as I have received a bill for services up to 29 February. There is now no-one to talk to the Optus App does not work and sending me in circles. I do not trust that Optus will do the right thing given the amount of complaints about trying to get services cancelled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I did that too just now and it worked - thank you!!
Highlighted

Hi @kfelton19, I'm really sorry to hear that you've received another bill! I get this would be concerning.

Right now, we're definitely feeling the impacts of COVID-19 so there are delays in getting through to us.

At the moment we're mainly assisting with the following:

• you can’t make or receive calls,
  • you don’t have a working internet connection or are concerned about being disconnected,
  • you are experiencing financial hardship, ID theft or are reporting illegal activity related to your service, such as incorrect porting, or
  • you need help due to a medical condition.

As your enquiry falls outside of this, I'll need to ask that you contact us again after April 30th so that we can assist you with your request. 

I understand that this would be frustrating, but please know that we're also: 

• Until 30 April 2020, customers can request to put their current monthly Postpaid mobile service plan charges on hold for 90 days should there be no current need for the service (please note that additional charges such as device repayments and extras are not included and will continue to be charged monthly during this period)
  • Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020
  • Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have wasted hours on the phone and on my computer trying to cancel my service. your chat line would only deal with questions about buying more services.

how am I supposed to cancel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey royran,

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team can be reached 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos