cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm fed up to the eyeballs!

I tried to send an email to my son, there has NEVER been a problem in the past. This time I had paid a bill for him and tried to send him a copy of the paid account, I got a message saying my email was rejected as it was SPAM and it had this error message:
551 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM).

I checked Google and found this "YesCrowd" and it seems this problem has occurred to other people previously, the Moderator (from these previous discussions) said:

"Sounds like you've been blocked by our spam filters. If this is still happening it might be worth checking your virus scan is up to date and if you haven't noticed any strange email activity it might be worth chatting with our techs about this on 131344."

So I called 131344 and had to endure about 8 "press X" diversions, I spoke to someone who was clueless to the problem so they put me through to someone else, this person also had no idea and were going to put me through to someone else... BUT instead hung up on me. I called back, went through the same 8 choices and got onto an operator (or technician OR WHATEVER you want to call them), I explained in detail the error but all he want to do was have me send an email to myself (which of course worked fine), I expressed my dissatisfaction of the entire situation to him (while still being polite) and he asked me to log on to my webmail account... and then he hung up on me!

As a side note: Each time, the Optus customer service person tried putting on what I can only describe as a VERY bad imitation of a Canadian accent which slipped after a few sentences, I cannot fathom WHY they need to put on an accent, I'm perfectly fine talking to people with their genuine/natural accents, why are these people trying so hard to hide their nationality? By putting on an accent it only makes me feel they are acting fraudulently, not being honest people and that I cannot trust them. As long as someone is honest with me, it doesn't matter what culture they are from AND I ALWAYS start by trusting people and in the case of a problem I always give people the benefit of the doubt.

BUT... getting back to the original problem, what can be done to fix this "551 5.7.6 Message rejected as spam (CM)" error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I'm fed up to the eyeballs!

Hi there, @TechMech64,

To look into this we would need your Optus webmail username. As we are unable to gather this information via this platform, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: I'm fed up to the eyeballs!

If something is spam is generally decided by the recipient system and not the sender. Is your
son with Optus too?

I would definitely recommend getting a non RSP dependent email like GMAIL. If you ever want to leave Optus you will immediately lose your email address. They have more space, better filtering security etc. and its yours.

But regardless. You can set up a free GMail account in 5 minutes and use that to send this particular email if its important.
0 Kudos