cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't connect wifi to Chromecast

I had set up Chromecast connected to HDMI and google home with my iphone but, I couldn't connect to wifi with Chromecast. I am using NBN optus wifi with SAGEMCOM.

Is there anything to do with wifi security?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: I can't connect wifi to Chromecast

Hey @ellief3, It shouldn't have any security features preventing you from connecting to WiFi. You should be able to pop that password into the Google Home App when setting up for it to connect.

Is that giving you an error when trying to process that? Do you have any trouble connecting other devices to the WiFi at all? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I have no problems with optus nbn wifi(SAGEMCOM) for other devices such as iphone and Desktop computers.

After putting password to connect internet for Chromecast on TV ,  It is said on my iphone that it may be set up but couldn't communicate with it from iphone, Enable local network access in your iphone from privacy settings.

I am using Iphone 5S and I tried many times to reconnect it to Chromecast on TV.

I would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with the problems.

0 Kudos

Hey @ellief3 - Thanks for sharing this.

Do you know what Chromecast you have? There is a minimum requirement so depending on your iPhone OS, this may not meet it. You can find those requirement details here > https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7022492?hl=en-AU&ref_topic=7214311.