Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jpeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am on the NBN (FTTN) with Optus

I am on the NBN (FTTN) with Optus, using the white modem they supplied me. I want to use a modem/router of my choice.

Will a new modem/router just be plug and play?

If not, then what hoops do I have to jump through to get a new modem/router working with the connection?

Thank you to all that take the time to respond.

PS: I don't use the land line. I'm looking at the TP-Link TD-W9960.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
z_hook

Re: I am on the NBN (FTTN) with Optus

Hey @jpeck,

Thanks for reaching out!

You're certainly welcome to use your modem, however we're unable to offer any troubleshooting or set up advice with this.

There will be some user posts on YesCrowd regarding using your own modem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
jpeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey z_hook,

thanks for your response! I guess I'll have to do my own "troubleshooting or set up", see how I go.
0 Kudos
jpeck
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@z_hook 

My TD-W9960 is working fine.

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

That's great to hear, @jpeck, thanks for confirming! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors