Searching...

Re: How to set up a BYO modem???

Bullies

Tried your suggestion, in the Basic screen of my TP Link VR2800 I changed PPOE to IPOE and saved. It then asked me for information, related to a static IP address, which I don’t have. I then changed from IPOE to Dynamic IP Address, and the router no longer asks me for this information or login details.I was then able to connect to NBN.

One word of warning for others, Do NOT choose Optus ADSL from the drop-down ISP list menu, choose Other as Optus ADSL does NOT work with NBN.

Thanks, Newline after months of frustration, you saved my bacon. Hope Optus is reading this too, I still think this requires a simple Wiki for others that want to use their own modem.

Tourettes

Would you care to name the greener pastures and the if the reality was as green as anticipated?

Highlighted

ConfusedJen

There is a solution here for the exact situation in case others are seeking it. Glad you got it sorted it drove me almost to drink https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Do-I-need-a-username-amp-password-for-NBN/td-p/437537/page/3

Jiefu

I don't mind saying who the greener pastures are.  I moved to Exetel LoL, if you look into them you will kmow why I laughed...! My speeds are consistentently high at all times of the day, both up and down. The phone service is great and the supplied mode/router is brilliant. It has double the range of the Sagemcom, has never been restarted since connection, (except for power outages). No lock ups or freezes and SIP codes are there if I want to use a high performance unit. Supplied is a Netcomm NBN FTTP capable system. I have more components running on the various WiFi channels now than before and in the evening we can still stream video in HD or greater without any stutter whilst windows is updating. 

Says a lot for good components and not jamming the Node with hundreds of users. I believe that they have a limit below 100 on the number, then they open another port for new users. Service is by Techs who also understand computer terminology and language.

So, YES, the reality was and still is as anticipated and I have no intention at this point of changing.

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!

Tourettes

Thanks for that info, much appreciated. I’ve spent so much time trying get the same service out of Optus that I had from Internode, that I was going to return to Internode, but I might look into Exetel. Thank again 

Tourettes

Thanks for that. Did you manage to get the phone to work?

Bullies

No, did not even try as I do no longer use a landline.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos