Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Yes-Customer
New Contributor
New Contributor

How to get better NBN speeds w/out fetchTV pack

I have a $80NBN unlimited data plan with FetchTV... I would really prefer the $60plan as we do not use FetchTV. Optus repreentative tells me that if I remove fetchTV from my plan, my internet speed will go down. It is ONLY with a FETCHTV I can get the tier 2 speed that they have put me in. What should I do? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to get better NBN speeds w/out fetchTV pack

>>What should I do? 

It's difficult to say, since you dont typically get what they say you should get. There is a $75 plan that supposedly gets 50mbs. That would be very fast, if you actually got it. The 12mbs is OK if you actually got it. You may just have to deal with the fact that internet in this country got more expensive, because somebody spent $50bn on it, and someone else has to pay for it.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: How to get better NBN speeds w/out fetchTV pack

@Yes-Customer These plans changed recently and you can now get speed packs on the $60 Plan. Check out the CIS here, as stated on the second page: "For customers connecting to this plan on the nbn™ the default speed included is Speed Pack 1. Speed Pack 3 is available for $15 per month and Speed Pack 4 is available for $35 per month."

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors