cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Binzaman
New Contributor

How to I formally lodge a complaint about my NBN service?

Just spent and hour on Webchat, finally got through, then got transferred to NBN specialst team and got cut off.

So frustrating.  Can someone tell me what is the best way to lodge a complaint and actually get some service please.

Regards,

Shane

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: How to I formally lodge a complaint about my NBN service?

Sorry for the troubles getting through @Binzaman Smiley Sad Have you had any help since posting? If not, I've included a link here with steps on how to lodge complaints. Please let us know though if there's anything we can help out with on here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

honestly i wouldnt worry about complaining to Optus.   you look at all the threads here they are all the same .. my internet is rubbish during periods and Optus will palm you off or get you to spend more etc .. you paid your 200 connection fee you will loose that as they wont fix the problem     

lodge a complaint with the TIO and find another ISP that does not have a contract.   I had this said to me and i thought it was a rough call but it was honestly advice I should have taken Smiley Sad

www.tio.com.au

Moderator Aman_B

That's not good to hear @TezzaP. Yes as a customer you can certainly complain here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1409.... Please do let us know if you need a hand with anything. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Aman_B of course you want people to complain to optus at your link .. thats great but do they do anything .. .. NO, not in my experience .. You dont want customers to contact the TIO because if you cant fix it to the customer satisfaction optus recieves financial penalty from the Ombudsman and as such Optus is held accountable.      

I wish this company would just do the right thing rather than hold people to ransom.      Stating that an upgrade is occuring but we dont know when it will be finished is absolute rubbish.   anyone in the IT industry knows and I do more so than some as i was an incident manager with Singtel that Optus follows correct CHANGE MANAGEMENT PROCESS and as such that dictates they would have a start and finish date/time for any change .. 

Just fess up that Optus is managing its CVCs by oversubscription and they just wait for people to leave which lowers the usage on that node.    

New Contributor Nique68
New Contributor

Yes, the call centre worker are polite enough, but I've been palmed off that many times I've lost count! Its like the twighlight zone dealing with Optus. I've come to the conclusion that I will need to get the ombudsman involved and get another ISP. Can't deal with Optus unethical conduct any longer!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Really sorry to hear that you're having service issues, @Nique68. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you if you'd like to PM us with your account details. Once this is confirmed I can investigate further to see what's going.

0 Kudos
New Contributor vk4tux
New Contributor

I have the same issue, bad internet for the last 5 weeks. Online chat cut me off or make false promises

that never happen. I am very unhappy with the poor audio, video , fetch TV service I am getting, and

have been complaining for 5 weeks without remedy from Optus. I must say the previous service from

Telstra was much better, at least they will attend the issue and keep in touch regarding.

I will have to look at a submission to TIO myself if things dont improve.

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Apologies for the delay in response, @vk4tux. Sorry to hear about your internet issues. How is it since posting? Did you get a chance to raise this with Tech Support before? If you still need assistance then please send us a PM here with your phone number / account number, full name and date of birth so that we can raise this with Case Management to investigate further. Kartik

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Amix
New Contributor

Oh, you've only been through this process once? I'm now on my 4th iteration of EXACTLY the same process!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors