Searching...

How many people are satisfied with the Sagemcom F@st3864. (NBN Only)

[ Edited ]
Jiefu

I would like to bring to OPTUS attention the issue of the Sagemcom Router. This is not a topic for venting or blowing off at the company, we will not achieve anything by doing this.

I am hoping to make them aware of the fact that this particular peice of equipment may be fine for the low to average user, but when it comes to those of us who can and do know how to use our computers and peripheral devices, we need something with more under the hood. (Even the opposition gives their clients a dual band router as a minimum.)

My Proposal is that OPTUS, considers a better quality build and brand, dual band router with a better WiFi capability as an addition to the Sagemcom and offers this as an alternative to the customer. This could be based on a sliding fee scale determined by contract length, number of services with the provider etc.

It would mean that we, the end user pay a fee for a better quility router that will suit our needs and requirements, but we will be better off and have something that we can manage in a way that we cannot currently do with the Sagemcom.

I am fully aware that such a router will need VOIP capability and these are few and far between.

Be positive, we need to try and do this together as a collective effort. Our one big failing in our great country is the ability to complain about something, complain soome more, then a little bit more and hope it will fix itself or go away. Just look at how the country and states are run. Smiley Happy

So, back to the purpose of this post.

Let's tell OPTUS we are not happy with this Sagemcom, PLEASE LISTEN TO US!

Just put in your mark and a suggestion for a better build VOIP router. Why it is good, any experience with it and above all try to keep it short and cost effective.

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!
I am an OPTUS customer and NOT in their service.!!!!

Re: How many people are satisfied with the Sagemcom F@st3864

Jiefu

My previous personal experience has been with the Fritzbox! and it was a faultless unit and NBN ready but I was not given the SIP codes to use it with OPTUS. Despite having conversation with the manufacturer who gauranteed it would work with any VOIP, I was stonewalled with excuses, so I would suggest the NBN ready version of this for a quality product.Latest about $240.00

I like TP-Link C7 Archer and a Seimens VOIP phone combination, but I think it is cost prohibitive from the supplier view.

If you go through life with your head buried in the sand,......all people will see is an ass..!

Steph_C

Hey @Jiefu! Thanks for taking the time to send through your feedback and suggestions - we'll pass it on to our networks team. Do let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jiefu

Thank Steph C,

What would be great, would be the ability to try out some VOIP routers and input the SIP codes for my phone. Then, being able to provide feedback on the unit would be from the end user aspect and not from an off the carton or manufacturer specification list. A case in point, is the Netcomm NB 604, from all the information you read it look like a great option, but the failure to perform at a third of its capability is well above 80% of the units in service. This is based on reviews, feedback articles and problem solving personnaly for my father and daughter. Their ISP's preferred unit.

Another good find for VOIP router I have seen is Draytek Vigor series. Both the n and ac versions are of course dual band and have the added advantage of being ADSL, NBN and 3.5G / 4G capable. This would have to be a benefit in as much as on brand unit would cover all servece areas and any future upgrades. In addition if an area sufferd loss of service a 3.5/4G USB can be plugged in for emergency service until it has been retored..

Just some of my searching and looking for solutions, as more and more home items are WiFi dependant now.

A last question, can anyone say what OPTUS plans to do because the IPv4 addresses are limited and IPv6 allows for a larger address space and much more efficient routing.

Jeff

ajsnook

Not at all!!!  I want the ability to protect my family! Open DNS would be a start. 

Shauna

@ajsnook Happy to pass this on. Let us know if you need a hand with anything. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WhoIsAtlas

You get what you pay for! It's a FREE modem! Skymesh provide a most likely better D-Link modem but customers pay $100+ for it! 

Jiefu

To Mr WholsAtlas,

I don't want to make this a big debate, nor do I need a reply.

I agree you get this as part of what you pay for, but it is not up to a minimum standard. It could be better in as much as offering at least dual band WiFi and at the very least capability to achieve 300Mbps throughput on what it does have, not struggling to reach 244Mbps with a only short range capability.

I had written that for entry level people this is probably an adequate solution, but the  whole purpose of this topic is to see how many people are not satisfied and would pay something to have an alternative offered.

In laymans terms, you can have this router for free, or pay some money up front and get something better that is more in the 21st century where the NBN is supposed to be. Two options, the same as most other companies offer their customers.

But, thank you for your input anyway.

Re: How many people are satisfied with the Sagemcom F@st3864. (NBN Only)

[ Edited ]
Jiefu

As there are many who have not read this post, I thought I would put this topic header here for the benefit of OPTUS. If they take the time to read this, and the many more like it, there is a constant pattern of unhappy customers who are mostly unhappy with the equipment supplied and the lack of OPTUS ability to provide the relevant information to setup their own equipment.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE....!

These topic headers are from only the first 15 pages in NBN. All are different complaints, some multiple. Standard OPTUS replies Smiley Sad and the few same people offering the limited knowedge and experimental experiences that they have gained from trying to better the system. All this seems to be for the benefit of OPTUS and its customer base, without having to bankroll anyone. Well, the end result is the hardware you are supplying is not up to standard, find something better...!  Read these topics and see what the people want, it is that simple.  REALLY..!!

NBN:

BYO Router: Sagemcom & Netgear crippled by optus

We can adjust SagemCom F@st3864 settings - stop treating us like children

Why is the password required to Enable Optus Secure Profile on SageMCom F@ST3864V2 router a secret?

SAGECOM Modem Issues

What Modems Work With FTTN NBN

Bring my own modem?

Upgrading from a Sagem F@ST 3864

Open Ports 8000,8001 & 8002 on Segamcom modem NBN

Sagemcom Fast 3864 - do I have to use it and how reliable is it ?

Serious question :- are Optus serious about being an ISP, or just playing around?

Sagemcom fast3864 NBN wifi issue

Re: How many people are satisfied with the Sagemcom F@st3864. (NBN Only)

leeroy88

I read the Product Review. Mostly BAD reviews

Link:

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/sagemcom-f-st-3864ac

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos