cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor kp64
New Contributor

How long should I expect it will take for fixing a NBN fault at my home. And what is reasonable?

Guys using this to post my experience or horror with NBN and Optus. I switched from Optus Cable to NBN and it took over 3 weeks to get the connection last Tuesday. A whole story of how Optus did not know when NBN technician will be coming or not coming to install the equipment. One installed, I was switched and happy to find speed in the vicinity of 90 Mbps down and 35Mbps up. Which seem to drop in the evening to about 35 Down and 15 up. Still better than Cable.

Then comes the horror show. The equipment fails to connect on Friday. I tried restarting every thing as suggested by Optus message on how to solve problem. It just wont work. The Upstream link led was flashing while downstream was stable. So my marathon calling optus over mobile as my phone had stopped working. It took me over an hour of wait time before a technician on the other side finally accepted there was a NBN equipment fault and gave me a ETA of 2 working days before NBN will respond on their diagnosis. Then will come the action to resolve. No support on weekends even though Optus has 24/7 fault lines and support (If you can contact them). Now I am waiting along side Optus for NBN to come back with resolution and it is 5 days already. For me home is working everyday not just weekdays. If NBN is supporting homes then they better work 7 days.

My suggestion to anyone trying to switch, delay as long as you can till NBN sorts out its capability to support and acknowledges that Customer satisfaction is the main reason they exist and not the other way around.

I will post more on my horror story as it unfolds but for now I believe Optus is hostage to NBN.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor Sebastian_
New Contributor

Re: How long should I expect it will take for fixing a NBN fault at my home. And what is reasonable?

The problem you have seems more related to customer service. Optus is a value ISP. If you have critical work to be done, you should consider one of the major players that invest in CS and charge more. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor kp64
New Contributor

Re: How long should I expect it will take for fixing a NBN fault at my home. And what is reasonable?

And what will you suggest. ? 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey kp64 - not good to hear of your troubles there and apologise for any inconveniences caused. We do have 24/7 tech support team available to troubleshoot issues but if a technician etc needs to attend it might take a couple of days for the first available appointment to be available.

Do you happen to have your fault reference number handy we can take a look at? Esther

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor scottle
Occasional Contributor

I see you never got an answer on how long it should take to fix a problem and what is a reasonable time frame. Was your issue resolved? if so how long did it take to get your issue resolved?

0 Kudos