cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How long does it take to activate a connection after the NBN guy has visited?

The NBN guy visited on Friday morning and did his thing and told me to plug in my modem and wait around 10 minutes before I got a connection. It is now Sunday morning and I still can not connect to the internet . The modem says I am connected to the internet in the basic settings.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How long does it take to activate a connection after the NBN guy has visited?

Sometimes you have to ring them up about 50 times, and they promise that it will be 48 hours each time. I think there is a queue, or they are trying to stop you getting onto the NBN, so you don't find out how bad it is.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How long does it take to activate a connection after the NBN guy has visited?

I would like to get a response from a moderator.  My mobile data is running out and I need an answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After connection, the NBN tech said anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours. If the everything on the NBN box and the modem is green you should be good to go. Just to check, log in to the modem (192.168.0.1 is the default) and make sure you get the message you are connected to the internet.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the internet light on and I have put in the password and username  that came in the letter they sent me. But I can not access the net.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I didn't even input my username and pw. It just connected. Just to make sure, re-enter your user and pw. Then hit Apply/Save.

Top Contributors