cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: How do you log onto the Optus NBN modem?

Hi @Sputnik,

That SPOILER did seem a little strange. I don't think anyone was trying to hide your excellent advice though. Just a glitch maybe?

@dougbooth

People are trying to assist but it would help us if you noted and stepped through some of the things that have been suggested.

1) Have you done a factory reset with the paper clip?

2) As mentioned you appear to have the 4G Optus modem. If you put in the SIM card you got then you should automatically get 4G internet at 12Mbps. Have you done that?

3) What make you say the internet is 'active'? What do the light on the modem indicate?

4) Do you have a separate little NBN Supplied Modem or is the Optus modem plugged directly in to the phone line?

5) Were you on the NBN with Telstra? Or is Optus your first NBN setup?

6) What NBN Type do you have? CHeck here (bottom right) if you need to

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

I'm thinking you've got Telstra HFC cable and NBN mixed up somehow? Could that be the case?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Luckily I am a business customer so I was able to get through to support, they have arranged for a new modem to be sent. The Optus team member also sent the Fetch TV activation code.

I was on the internet from the get-go, but I was prior to switching to Optus.

I still do not know why I have a sim card, the paperwork says it is for a Hybrid modem, but there is a sim card already in the modem, and the wifi ssid was active after I had disconnected the Optus modem and re-plugged in the Telstra modem. Unfortunately, we cannot connect to that wifi as the login details sent to me are incorrect (unhappy campers in my househould to say the least).

Luckily, I installed ethernet cable throughout the building a few years ago. 

Basically, I akin the experience to buying a drill and after I get home, discover that there is no power supply for the drill!

Very, very frustating, and extremely poor form by Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Fair enough. Good luck with Optus support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Doug,

I suspect I now know why my last message to you was hidden and tabbed as Spoiler.

If you open the spoiler tab you will see that I mentioned that a hybrid system requires a different method of activation; and at that point I suspect a moderator has realised there has been a stuff up. You where either given the wrong modem or the wrong instructions for activation.

I went from about four thumbs up for solving someone's problem to spoiler in the same thread. Now there should to be a badge for that! LOL

Hope everything works out well for you, but give us an update. At least you now know there's a community of fellow customers willing to help.

Best wishes.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I had a Cable Connection before I upgraded to NBN.  I received a Magnet that only displays a WIFI login password.  The sticker on the back of my NBN Modem displays a Username : optus (all in lowercase), then it displays the WPA passphrase (WIFI Login password) as the optus login.  That is how I eventually got into My Gateway / Modem, my Modem password is the same as the WIFI login pw.  Hope this helps someone 🙂

0 Kudos