cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do you log onto the Optus NBN modem?

Hi, I have recently had NBN connect to my house.  The system is working well.  I have tried to log onto the modem using the words admin and password without any success.  I have followed all the on-line advice.  I have done a reset of the modem, erased browser data, tried different browsers, and tried different computers on the same home network without any success.  Anyone had any luck solving this problem?  Thanks 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do you log onto the Optus NBN modem?

Hi,

I am no IT expert, but if you are simply wanting to access the modem/router to check or alter settings, then open your web browser and in the address bar at the top type in 192.168.0.1

Press enter. You should then see an Optus login page. Strangely there is no requirement to type in an admin account name or password? This was a security concern that I raised with Optus but they assure me their modems are secure??

Just be careful what you alter.

Best wishes

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So you can see the login screen?

That means you're all connected ok. 

The password and login are on the sticker on the bottom of the modem.

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is advisable and OK to change modem password. In addition, one can also change the admin password to be different to that of the modem.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I typed the ip address but it's asking for user name and password. I tried to log with my account details (my account Optus) but it says wrong information and won't log in. Please help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It won't be your optus credentials. Either the passwords will be on the modem itself or just admin / admin or maybe admin / password
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kirv3,

I am assuming that your problem is accessing the settings of your modem rather than connecting the modem to the internet?

When I moved to NBN I received an updated modem from Optus and I had the same issue. If I remember correctly the problem lay with a typo in the instuctions provided.

The Instruction will tell you the user name is Optus, but use the lower case for the 'O' and type in optus followed by the password on the magnet that would have been provided for your internet connection. I am fairly sure that will work for you.

Best wishes

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Excellent this worked for me! Lower-case optus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i am having the same problem, tried the details on the sticker, tried admin, admin, and other variations. No joy! Cannot get into the modem!!!!!!!!!!!

I am connected to the internet, just had to plug it in, but I've been on nbn for years with another supplier.

Don't even know my username for the optus app. Nothing has been sent to me regards login details.

Got the modem, fetch box etc. Even got a sim card (no idea what that is for!).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Did you read above? Username 'optus'. The password should be on the sticker or a fridge magnet.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors