Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do we get actual support

We have had no internet or phone in our office for over 2 weeks and we are no closer to having the fault resolved.

We have been calling the optus phone support line every day, and have been purchasing pre-paid wireless internet, but at a cost of $100 a day this is sending us broke. We cant operate a buisness without phone or internet.

Optus say that they can see the fault, they acknowledge there is a fault there, we have 4-6 dropouts a day and are lucky to get 1-2MB when it is running. Optus have sent out an optus technician who has found to open circuits (broken wires), 20m and 47m from our house. but, as he is from optus, he says he cant fix the fault and NBN need to fix the fault.

Every time we call Optus simply tell us that the will call back later in the day (and they never do). This service is rubbish. They then tell me that they are trying to contact the nbn but we have not seen an NBN technician, nor had a nbn technician booked in to see us. In my last phone call they suggested that maybe the nbn needs to run some more tests (even though the fault has been clearly identified as two sets of broken wires)

Does anyone know a way to contact the NBN directly to ask them to fix the fault (and do optus's job for them) as I dont believe that anyone from optus has even spoken with the NBN. Optus simply blame nbn, but do not resolve the problem. Never in my buisness life have i blamed my supplier for my faulty products. (i'm sorry i cant deliver your important documents as my printer is out of paper!!!)

Otherwise, if it is not possible to contact the nbn directly, does anyone know how to escalate my problem from the "fob the customer off" stage into the "resolve the problem" stage? Everytime I call I am told we have been raised to level 2, but I believe that level2 is the level that nothing happens. There has been no movement on resolving the problem on optus's end and other than promising to call me back, i have not seen anything that looks like getting the problem solved.

Any tips people have in getting past the pretend service front would be greatly appreciated! We have lodged a complaint with the TIO, but really just need the broken wires mended.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How do we get actual support

>>pre-paid wireless internet, but at a cost of $100 a day this is sending us broke.

The 100GB month to month plan can be got today from a store and cancelled whenever.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/data-sim-card?SID=con:mbb:3up:1:jun17:mbb:12...:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi, your best bet is to Tweet NBNco with a pvt message of what you posted here.

https://twitter.com/NBN_Australia

Just click/tap 'Message' and copy/paste what you have here, along with your name/dob/phone number. 

Unlike Optus support, nbn actually will reply to your messages within the hour. Hope that helps 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip, We are chewing through 45G a day, (its an internet heavy office!) and so 100GB would only last us two days or so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks,

I'll give it a go and see if we cant get it moving.

Cheers,

0 Kudos