cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Neildall
Occasional Contributor

Re: How Slow can NBN Go??? Come on Optus get your act together

@Aman_B what options was i left with. You ring tech support and it's a scripted service....sorry sir it's congestion, and we are upgrading servers in your area. When you push for a resolution date because you actually would like to keep your unlimited data and fetch tv package, it is met with silence. It seems like if the TIO get involved it might actually get some action, not crossing my fingers though. 

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @Neidall - I'd be more than happy to have a look into your service for you and see if I can provide any further information in regards to any upgrades that may be scheduled in your area however if you have contacted the TIO a case manager will be in touch within the next 10 business days to discuss this further too.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor OldTech
Occasional Contributor

HI @Hollie,

I appreciate your your good intent, I think what all reasonable users are after is an understanding as to what it takes to make a certain exchange a priority over another and how far away any planned works really are. Telling a customer that we are aware of your problems but have no plans to fix it, is frustrating to the customer and perceived as an aggrogant approach. If you could tell me that yes your exchange has had a flood of new customers and now experiences congestion 10, 20 or 100% of the time and we will fix it within x period, then at least I feel informed and listened too. 

Why not introduce a customer charter that agrees that each congested exchange is graded as to how crowded they are and this dictates the upgrade schedule. if my exchange is only congested 10% of the time and somewhere else is congested 80% I can then understand I need to wait, but to be told yes you have a problem, and the problems is now mine to deal with (by leaving) is just appalling disrespect for the partnership between provider and customer. 

Reveal your problem areas so that we can avoid the inconvenience until you are ready to support the demand and highlight if it is 3, 6 or 12 or more away from being resolved. 

Most customers will be reasonable when treated as equals in a relationship.

Occasional Contributor benschued
Occasional Contributor

My Optus NBN FTTP service is just awful here in Ballarat, 97mbps at 3 in the morning 2-10mbps Every other time of day. Went through tech support, standard scripted congestion response. Gave me a $20 credit or release from contract! Went to the TIO and was referred to Optus resolve who basically offered the same! Absolute joke! I can't leave cause Optus has the EPL via fetch! I'm told they have my number on file and will contact me when it's resolved? I'll know when it's resolved cause my service will actually work! How dumb is that! I want to know when they intend on fixing it, not after the fact! Lift your game Optus this is pathetic! The picture on my fetch is so pixelated I have to squint to see it, that's if it hasn't stopped because of a 'streaming issue'. 

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @OldTech, whilst as a customer I can understand your frustrations in not knowing when your CVC will be upgraded, it’s unfortunately not information we’re able to share until the upgrades are booked in and 100% confirmed. This is due to a few factors and sometimes upgrades are pushed back due to factors outside of our control. We can definitely pass your feedback and concerns on to our Networks team however at this point in time, we’re unable to provide you with the information you are requesting.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor benschued
Occasional Contributor

This evening things are looking up here in Ballarat. Solid 90mbps all early evening. Pings all over the shop but still a definite improvement. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Great to hear benschued! Fingers crossed 🙂 

0 Kudos
Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

Same problem with the same result. Optus have not offered a resolution for substandard service which I pay a premium for. I have children who are studying at University and need the internet. I watch English Premier League in fetch. I can't do either of these things unless it's 5:00am in the morning. Congestion blamed as the issue. Upgrade the system now Optus. It's only been 3 months since we switched to NBN and we are slower than the previous ADSL. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

Same problem with the same result. Optus have not offered a resolution for substandard service which I pay a premium for. I have children who are studying at University and need the internet. I watch English Premier League in fetch. I can't do either of these things unless it's 5:00am in the morning. Congestion blamed as the issue. Upgrade the system now Optus. It's only been 3 months since we switched to NBN and we are slower than the previous ADSL. Now it's so slow I can't even post this message.  

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes."

RetiredModerator Marcel
RetiredModerator

Heya! We're sorry to hear this and it's best to call our tech support team on 131344 (open 24/7) to see what options you have moving forward. 

Top Contributors