cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Re: How Slow can NBN Go??? Come on Optus get your act together

Hey @RONALD106, can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number so that we can take a look into this issue for you?

0 Kudos
Contributor RONALD106
Contributor

If it is Turnbull's Copper wire  the ISP's such as Optus  should speak out  instead of just taking our money for speeds we are not getting  Yesterday was paying for 100mbps and getting  25.16mbps  

Needs to be a Royal Commision into  the NBN and ISPs .  Have heard the Copperwire NBN is costing more than Fibre Optic  would cost.     In some suburbs they are using the Copper wire that would not handle Broadband.

Contributor RONALD106
Contributor

same here we have been sold a lemon  -its time for the ISPs to condem Turnbulls Copper wire NBN  and stop  covering it and charging us for NBN speeds we are not getting .

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hi Ronald, I've just responded to your PM. If you can get back to me there, we'll do our best to help out where we can.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor OldTech
Occasional Contributor

I too am a relative new optus customer on NBN. I left my previous ISP after nothing but poor performance on the NBN for 12months, tried everything, new modems, different channels but identical problem. Now after doubling how much I'm spending and double the bandwidth on my plan and supposedly with the best ISP, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. 

Currently taking speed tests every 3 hours and can see the consistent pattern, get about 12mb download in the middle of the day and by 7pm its down to about 1.5mb. To watch a movie you need about 3mb I think.

Where do we go with this?..it has to be about capacity rather than individual circumstances. I will monitor for a couple more days, give optus a chance to respond and then I'm writing to the ombudsman. I had excellant service with ADSL for 10 years, 18 months into NBN I want to go back but have no choice. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @OldTech, could you please send me a PM with your full name, account number and date of birth and I'll check it out for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor tailz61
Occasional Contributor

I've often wondered the same thng re other isps being the same, would be interesting to find out as changing isp's is such a pain in the butt and if they are the same whats the point. Our ADSL2 was way way quicker than our NBN currently is. 

Contributor RONALD106
Contributor

16649419_10210753009355338_7289737998156564760_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor OldTech
Occasional Contributor

It's official Optus have advised that my exchange is suffering from high levels of congestion, and they have no scheduled plans to fix it, in the evenings I am getting less than 10% of advertised bandwidth, which isn't enough to stream content without buffering or picture distortion, and my only option is to find another IS provider. Unbelievable that they can continue to sign people up in an area that they know has congestion issue on the hope that you won't discover them. the contracts retention team can test the exchange and confirm is congestion exists and then they offer to let you break the contract and leave without penalty. So while I will leave and find a different provider I will also be writing to the ACCC to report appalling business practise. All I wanted was a NBN service that worked as advertised, this had nothing to do with NBN Co but rather Optus lack of capacity to serve existing customers. 

Occasional Contributor Jauron86
Occasional Contributor

Called optus last week in regards to nbn speed. Paid to get 100/20 speed but only been getting average 5 to 7 mbps. Was told that there were system upgrades and guess what, as usual the no ETA bs. This is not the first time optus that you have me paid something that I cannot use. i am definitely terminating all my services with optus if this is not fix by the end of this week.