Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Erict
Occasional Contributor

Re: How Slow can NBN Go??? Come on Optus get your act together

Optus Speed Timed Out.jpg

Oh Boy....... Now look at this.

My internet is sooooo slow that Optus`s own Speed test timed because my new internet is sooooo slow.

How rediculous can you get OPTUS.

Your OWN Speed Test cant wait for your own Speed Test to complete because your own speeds are soooo Slow.

GET  YOUR  ACT  TOGETHER

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Erict and @jasko_au, very sorry to hear this. I'd recommend speaking to our Retention Team on 1300 555 241 about your contract options from here moving forward given there's no resolution date. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor jai1988
New Contributor

i have the same speed package as you and getting the exact same speeds im over this shite with optus

Occasional Contributor CrowdMan00
Occasional Contributor

I have had the same issue.  There's more of the same on the "pathetic NBN download speed" forum.  NBN in my area connected in November 2016 and I signed up in December, no service by end of January. I'm on the 100/40 plan, but getting 2.6-15/35 (very occasional 22/). Told it is congestion, won't get better, and nothing they could do. What they could do is stop selling the 100/40 plan in my area, when it is known it won't be delivered. I was offered cancellation, but with a cancellation fee.  If I don't pay my monthly bill, Optus will be all over me; if I do 10% of my job, I'd be sacked; however it's okay to deliver a service at less than 20% and for me to still pay the maximum amount.  Check the other forum, there's more like us.  After 15+ years as an Optus customer, I'm pretty much being told to suck it up as there is nothing they can do. I am yet to get the fee free cancellation offer. I will most likely find another retailer that can only provide cheap and nasty service and charge accordingly, as opposed to $140/month. Would you believe that when I suggested that I lower my plan to the basic plan, I was told I'd only get slower speeds. Surely it couldn't be lower than 2.6 Mbps.

Occasional Contributor ktrinh83
Occasional Contributor

Hey,

Im in the exact same position as you were right now.

Just wanted to know what the outcome was ? Did you leave Optus?

Occasional Contributor CrowdMan00
Occasional Contributor

Just letting eveyone know that my rocket like $140 per month speed is currently 3.55 Mbps download and 37.69 Mbps upload.  Even around the other way would be attractive.

Contributor Fordguy
Contributor

I can't believe how crap this NBN is, it is slower than ADSL was. What am I Paying for ?

i have not received the service I have expected or been charged for.

IMG_0353.PNG

Contributor RONALD106
Contributor

So Iam not the only one   was going to post this they are to big to fix our problems  - looks like we need to go to  ombudsman

OPTUS FETCH

Your system is overloaded -insufficient infrastructure. I blamed my bad broadband as being a poor quality service  due to the problems  I had  on weekends  watching anything via my Fetch Box  as programs  cannot continuously  run they stop  or you have to pause them while more of the program downloads.

It has been at its worst over the last 4 or 5 weeks hardly can watch You Tube videos at times  but at weekends you cannot watch them at all on Fetch. and to watch movies it takes between 3 and 7 hours for them to download.

I switched to the top speed Optus Internet   thinking that would fix all.

Besides now knowing what a slow feeding service Fetch is   and that I did not really need to go for the top speed as Fetch is the problem.

But now have additional problems my NBN drops out at least 3 times a week  on Fetch receive a message to check my internet  as I have a spooling problem  

1. It sometimes corrects itself
  2. At least twice a week I have to shut power of to my whole system and then restart it all.

With Fetch while checking out the Fetch System you find the manuals (not supplied but what customers have to search for on the Internet) have too much information missing.

When checking out the settings section the manuals are very vague.

STORAGE                                                 

VIDEO ON DEMAND    where can you check what is stored in this section    as it only tells you TOTAL - USED and DELETE ALL

ANOTHER VERY BAD THING ABOUT OTUS/FETCH is them flooding you with Advertisements for Foxtel programs and channels you can’t watch   it stinks what are we supposed to do walk away from our Optus contract pay Optus the penalties and then move to another carrier and Foxtel as you don’t look after your customers if you did you would demand that Fetch remove all Foxtel advertising   and Optus if they cared about their customers  they would put pressure on  Fetch  as Fetch  has to listen to Optus as they would be stuffed without Optus .

Contributor RONALD106
Contributor

After  reading  other posts done a speed check  and instead of the 100Mbps Iam paying for Iam getting closer to 50% of that 67.71 Mbps. Optus have good plans but the problem is they don't supply what you are paying for  -that is stealing .

Occasional Contributor Tortoise
Occasional Contributor

I am in the same boat. I wonder if it's an Nbn thing or an Optus thing? Would other ISPs be any quicker at congestion times?