Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home phone not working

Our home phone has been out of action ever since swapping to a new service with Optus, anyone else have problems? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Home phone not working

Hi @CathFudge,

Did you just convert to NBN?  If so,

• are you referring to the home phone you had prior to going onto NBN?
  • are you referring to the phone connection on the back of your Optus modem?

More details would help diagnose your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We had nbn already, we switched from Telstra to Optus and now our home phone won’t work. 

It did take some days and multiple phone calls to get the internet working, very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @CathFudge,  Let's see...

1. If you have your home phone plugged into the first (of two) voice ports on your Optus modem and the phone is not working:
    • Is the fifth light from the left (marked phone) illuminated?
      • If so, this means that the modem is aware that you have a phone service and you may have a dodgy cable connection between your phone and the modem - there is a slight chance in this case that it could be a faulty modem (but very small).
      • If not, then you need to contact Optus - it could be a bad modem, or it could be a configuration problem with your service.
  2. If you don't have your phone plugged directly into the phone port, the service will not work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat.

Changed from Telstra to Optus and NBN connected ok on 29 Nov. (which just happened ! no connection date/advice of when - just disconnected from Telstra and onto Optus - so couldn't organise/plan for a ready date).

But as a result, our home phone was disconnected and has not worked since 29 Nov.

All cables are ok.

Contacted Optus and was advised that porting of telephone (same number) wont occur until Dec 18 as Telstra wont release it until then.

So I rang Telstra and they 'No, the porting can be done immediately as soon as Optus requests it & they just need my Telstra a/c number'.

ok, so contacted Optus again, they did a quick check and said it will be done within 12 - 24 hours - that expired Dec 1. (and didn't wont the Telstra a/c number) !!

Then received a call back from Optus saying phone will be connected Dec 5th (so we will see tomorrow) even though they had no idea why given the 12-24hr advice.

And on a side track, I received an email with username, email name and password and no explaination, so just presumed they where my Optus a/c log-in details .... but you guessed it .... none of those let me log-in lol.

Decided to try my Bigpond email and it said email name already in use - huh!   So requested a new p/w and could then log-in.

So....for a first experience with Optus .... not very impressive (but the FetchTv works well lol)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @CathFudge,  Any joy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

sorry for late reply, but since I haven't been able to log-in to my account/yes crowd - something went wrong there too Smiley Frustrated

But yes, the go connected yesterday as they said, although longer than wanted.

You had any luck?

0 Kudos