Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mickle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hisense TV compatibility issues

I just got Optus NBN a week ago and have the issue with my Hisense TV bringing up the "com.google.tv.discovery" error.  By looking at the history of a couple of threads and seeing its been ongoing for over a year with no apparent resolution, why was I not asked if I had a Hisense TV when your team was signing me up for your product? You know there is a problem and chose to ignore it. I have had nothing but problems with your support team with various issues while trying to get my NBN to work and now it is finally working I keep getting this error on my Hisense TV.

Please respond ASAP so I can get this fixed, or compensated for not being able to use the full functionality of your service due to you misleading me when I signed up. By misleading me I mean you knew there was an issue and failed to ask the simple question of what type of TV I own.

Regards,

Christopher Mickle

order confirmation Number for my account - 61940209.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mrklun
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hisense TV compatibility issues

This is a common issue with Hisense and not neceserally related to Optus.

Something to do with the WiFi settings on the TV.

You can call Hisense support on their toll free number 1800 447 367 and they will help you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Mickle Did you tell Optus that you have an HisenseTv when you sign up? It would be very hard for Optus to ask you about every product that has a know issue as 99% of the time, you won't own one of those product. If you sign up to Optus for Internet service then Optus is only responsible to deliver the internet service, if your internet is working then the rest is up to you. Just like back in the day of home telephone, Telstra is only responsible for the connection up to the entrance of your property, if you have extra wiring, fancy phone system or phone then Telstra won't support that, it is your responsibility. 

If wifi is the issue for your Hisense, then contact Hisense as per advise above, I would suggest you connect via a Lan cable for faster rate and better stability. Maybe a LG 4K Oled TV. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ray_monty
New Contributor
New Contributor

This may not be the same but the solution may help.

I received a newer type router (same series but different model Segmcom) and the browser and OPRA TV UALs no longer worked.

On my Hisense TV I added a DNS address on the TV of 8.8.8.8 and all is good.

Hope this helps.