Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RedVortex
Contributor
Contributor

Re: High Latency

Here is what it looks like today. You can see 2 normal hours early in the morning. You can also see how latency (blue line) correlates with Download and Upload speeds11_04_2021_result.png

0 Kudos
Freakystuff
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Received a text today saying that the issue was identified and supposedly being fixed even though I was told it would be fixed in 24 hours yesterday. Pretty much what I expected to happen from Optus and the service. Today has been pretty poor. My day off and I cant do any work or even enjoy playing some games with my friends online due to the lag from the poor latency. Don't know why this was marked as solved because it hasn't been.
0 Kudos
RedVortex
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear about your day but could have been worse. For example, based on texts from our trusty ISP claiming that the issue has been rectified when, in fact, it hasn't, someone could make a decision to work from home instead of going to work.

Imagine, for example, if day entailed conducting client meetings using teleconferencing and this poor customer failed to show up or sounded like a character from Zombieland, which is probably what we would get if we tried with the current connection speeds/latencies.

I feel this would be something where, if action was taken,  the ISP would not get away with just offering $3 pro-rate billing rebate per day of poor Internet.

0 Kudos