cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Greenacre NSW - NBN very slow, high latency 120ms to ping 8.8.8.8, omg 2Mbps upload

Greenacre NSW - NBN is very slow, high latency to ping 8.8.8.8 and optus.com.au, omg 2Mbps upload

I'm working from home, Kids learning from home...  need support urgently.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Greenacre NSW - NBN very slow, high latency 120ms to ping 8.8.8.8, omg 2Mbps upload

Hey @thomas_0421 So sorry to hear of your slow speed. Nothing worse than waiting for a page to load, especially when you all need to work from home. 

Please check out this help and support page and follow the steps. 

Hopefully you will find the steps useful to resolve your slow speeds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Greenacre NSW - NBN very slow, high latency 120ms to ping 8.8.8.8, omg 2Mbps upload

Please open a support case for upload speed issue.

The ping result is acceptable now, <20ms for 8.8.8.8.

The upload speed is very bad, <2Mbps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Forgot to mention, i'm not using WIFI to perform the test.

I have a  cable connection between my computer and the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by DavidYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

0 Kudos
Top Contributors