Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Got sent second modem l did'nt ask for

Hi  recently changed my NBN plans and got a new modem a month ago, l just got sent today a second modem l did'nt ask for,  what should l do , should l just keep it as a spare or should l post it back, if l keep it do l pay for it or is it for free?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Got sent second modem l did'nt ask for

If Optus charges you for it (next account), contact them and explain that you didn't request a new modem, are willing to return it, and will complain to the TIO if they don't cancel the charge.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @jimbo5, get that it'd be a bit confusing!

If you've changed over to an $80 Plan (for example), this does come with a modem included, so you shouldn't be charged for the unit at all.

Recommend keeping it as a spare 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes when l changed to the $80 plan a month ago l got sent a new free modem to replace my old modem as l expected, but l just got sent another new modem  , so l now have my old modem and two new modems, l did'nt order a second new modem. l think it might have been sent by mistake as l only should have gotten one new modem and not two, l dont mind keeping it as a spare but if l have to pay for it l will post it back . l also got sent two new fetch tv boxes instead of one and l rang optus and they got Toll to collect it and take it back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Yikes 😕 Something has definitely gone wrong there!

I can't see any modem orders with a charge included on your service, so it might have just been a happy accident I guess!

If you do have any trouble with the next bill that's generated, feel free to touch base with us and we'll help out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy