Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
paulsmithy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Google Nest WiFi v Netgear RBK50 Orbi on Optus NBN HFC

Thanks. Really appreciate the detailed replies and apologize for so many questions. I would DM you if that was an option but at least in the forum it may help someone else in the future.

I think I just need to bring this back to base level to see what is possible and hence is my best solution and then worry about the actual installation.

So, in summary: I am on 100/40 speed pack . I get approx 25/30mbps where my laptop is located in the house (opposite end to Sagemcom router) on HFC NBN. If I move laptop next to the router I get 90+ mbps. I do have VOIP home phone and would like to have some sort of parental control feature if I go the mesh route (but can of course get something outside that).

I am considering Google Nest WiFi and Netgear Orbi. I just want to know that I can use those and maintain the home VOIP phone? And if in doing so I would still be able to access their parental controls (hence I can't put them in AP mode).

Alternatively - is the answer much simper and move onto the Optus Family Internet Ultimate Fast and use the booster? I have had mixed opinions on this? Does it actually work as a mesh so could it be the solution? I would obviously be able to keep my phone but would just need a third party parental control.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Google Nest WiFi v Netgear RBK50 Orbi on Optus NBN HFC

@paulsmithy wrote:

Thanks. Really appreciate the detailed replies and apologize for so many questions.

No need to apologise, that's what the forum is for.

I would DM you if that was an option

I saw your posts on Whirlpool, I can be DM'd through there is needed.

at least in the forum it may help someone else in the future.

I prefer to keep thinks public for just such reasons.

Alternatively - is the answer much simper and move onto the Optus Family Internet Ultimate Fast and use the booster?

I wouldn't bother as it would no doubt be a more restrictive environment. There also seems to be a monthly premium that is baked into the cost. See my other post here.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors