cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Fred2frustrated
New Contributor

Getting technical support

Rang at 7.40pm  told 5 min wait after 40 min no pick up and worked out close at 8.00 pm but optus left me hanging.

Found the same thing with technical chat room just left hanging.

My NBN meant to be 100MBs is currently running at 6 MBs tried all the advised things has not improved

currently regretting signing on to Optus where the perfomance is worse than my cable connection

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Getting technical support

Hi @Fred2frustrated!

What is the number that you are trying to call? Hmm. Optus Technical Support is open 24/7. Please call them at 131344.

I hope this helps!

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Maestro
Occasional Contributor

@Xenomorph

I challenge you - Please provide the IVR sequence for contacting Optus 24/7 Technical support after 7pm AEST.

I'm an Optus NBN customer, Call drops saying NBN team operational hrs from 8am to 7pm. There is no way you can contact anyother technical team after 7pm AEST.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Maestro!

Since you're on NBN Service, can you please try ringing this number and let's see how it goes.

NBN IVR - 1300300427 (Option 1 then Option 3 then Option 2)

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.

-------------------
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Xenomorph- I just tried it.. and it does not goes to 24/7 Technical Support.

(Option 1 then Option 3 then Option 2 and Option 5)

My challenge still stands.

If you can contact 24/7 support, please provide the IVR sequence, or provide a voice recording.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Fred2frustrated
New Contributor

Fianlly got on to technical support who said it was a server problem and did not know when going to be fixed.

I have now spent an hour being shuffled around trying to get resolution on what happens when signed on for a 100Mbps service and only being provided a 6Mbps.

tried the chat room useless as no one ever comes on and the sms still have not got a reply from after 2 days

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Fred2frustrated, apologies for the troubles getting through and to hear about what's going on with your service. Are speeds slow at all times or just peak hours? Could you please PM through your full name and account number so I can check it out?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Jax_K - Connection speeds are so slow in peak hours, Like 0.5Mbps. 

This is not the case when I was with TPG. I had a 12Mbps connection and got more than 9Mbps all the time.

How about checking my connection as well? 

Interested to see what you have to say.

Here is the ticket number created.

16224393 - NBN Team | 2/03/2017 |

Your case management team yet to contact me.

#ComplaintoTIO

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sending that through @Maestro. The fault report has been closed as the issue is related to network slows. The agent that advised you'd receive a call back will be fedback for coaching as this should have been handled by the agent directly and not referred through to our Case Management Team. Your individual service looks fine in regards to modem stability. There's definitely peak time congestion on the network during peak hours, possibly  longer over the weekends 😞 We're upgrading the network to help alleviate speeds, we just don't have an ETR at this stage. I can also see we've registered your mobile to receive updates once we have these. Because we're unable to provide a resolution date, I'd recommend speaking with our Retention Team on 1300 555 241 to discuss your contract options moving forward.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kokpit
New Contributor

"THERE IS NO TECHNICAL SERVICE AFTER HOURS .. SO SAD OPTUS !" I can resolve my nbn connwction problem

0 Kudos