Searching...
Accepted Solution

Getting NBN connected

MissKM

I called up about a relocation order over a week ago, so my NBN would be connected the day I moved in to my new place (17/5/19). Apparently, the order wasn't processed properly, so when I phoned on the 17th, they could see it wasn't done. I was told it would then be processed with priority within 24 hours (this took over an hour of being on hold to find out), but it still wasn't done the next afternoon. Another hour and being transferred to at least five different people (from pre-activations to technical support and back again twice), and I was finally told there was a line fault. A technician was arranged for two days later (today), but they've given me a time of 1 - 5pm that they will arrive. I have to pick my kids up from school and attend a committee meeting this afternoon. The house is a rental and it has a box on the outside of the garage that looks to be full of ants and dirt (discovered after all the phone calls). I called customer service, and they said if I'm not able to be at the house, the technician won't even come - and I was advised to call someone over the age of 18 to come stay here for me when I can't be. Considering my husband is at work, and I live at a semi-rural property (and I don't know the neighbours well enough yet to ask them to hang out in my house), I'm not sure what to do. It has been an exhausting process, when the line fault should have been picked up on the first call, or at least when it wasn't connected on the day it was supposed to be. I need the internet for work, and have been using my mobile data as a last resort. I also requested extra data on my account, and was told I could have an additional 25gb, but this has not happened. This whole thing has made me sad and frustrated, and it feels like there is no one I can talk to who actually follows through with anything. If I could have a more accurate time of when the technician might arrive, that would be a start, but apparently that's not possible.

Re: Getting NBN connected

petergdownload

Optus don't have direct access to your lines or the NBN Technicians. That is now done by NBNCo. In your case NBNCo sets the AM or PM turn up window and Optus can provide no better info than that. Unfortunately NBNCo Technicians can also be a no show some times so you may end up waiting and no one turns up (again that's on NBNCo not Optus).

IME though NBNCo technicians are given your mobile number and generally call to tell you they are their way. You could also try leaving a note that mentions the box and that you'll be back in 30 minutes (and your number) and while its not official policy to start work without you there its quite possible the tech will still take a look.

But otherwise this might be a good excuse to get to meet the neighbours? I'm someone wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for you (again leave a note telling the NBN guy to call their mobile etc.) 

Peter Gillespie

MissKM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm just so disappointed in the whole communication process. That's the main reason I'm upset. I lost count of how many times I was asked my name, address and date of birth - and to repeat the entire story in the last 72 hours - as if they had no record of any other conversation.

Solution

Ray_YC

Good suggestions by Peter.

Regarding following up on the extra 25Gb, this is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.  

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MissKM

Thank you. The technician just showed up, so thankfully I was around to speak with him. (Apparently there is a break in the line about 100m away.)

I have been talking to Twitter (I've messaged twice since Friday and they messaged once to confirm my info), but I'm still waiting for them to follow up. I also contacted Optus via their complaints process today, so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Thanks again for the response. It's nice to actually speak with someone who communicates in a way that makes sense.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos