cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Frequent NBN dropouts and useless tech support

Good evening all,

This will be my final post- NBN tech never turned up, I did not get any of return calls, had no time to call billing today. Straight to TIO tomorrow, I have no time to continue calling them, nor will I be waiting any longer for Optus to contact me by 6 April.

Good luck to everyone else who's in the same boat as me.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Fl0ptus, not good to hear of the issues with your NBN line. Have you got a fault reference number I can look into? These start with 18 and get sent via SMS

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’m having the same issues with frequent drop outs, ranging from a few seconds to minutes.

We are unable to connect our smart tv to the wired connection, nor can it recognise wifi. We never have this problem with ADSL.

So they try to fix my issues by sending me a “better modem” yesterday. Plus without my knowledge had increased my connection to the more expensive “ultra” package. 

Last night we are still having drop outs, the same problem BUT I am now on a more expensive plan!!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Did the dropouts get fixed or were they still occurring? I have FTTN with Optus and we get dropouts all day ... I'm wondering if buying a 3rd party modem will fix the issue, but we need to use our home phone too so I don't know how we will do that .... what's your NBN like currently and who are you with?
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I would assume Optus?

FTTN dropouts are a problem many have. The biggest thing you can do is ensure your home wiring is clean. Many get a ballet on to install a single new phone wire from the pit to a wall point. You should only have one wall point to the modem.

Modems with the Broadcom chipset apparently handle dropouts better too.

Suggest you ditch the landline requirement, or switch to an RSP that allows you to byo modem of to want to keep it and use a different modem.
0 Kudos