cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Riseryan
New Contributor

Fibre Internet connection?

We are currently based on Brisbane CBD, and moving to Yeerongpilly, QLD.
The building was used as a former QLD Tafe classroom.

The FACTS are;
  • The area doesn't support NBN now
  • But, the building has fibre optic infrastructure(Seems like velocity cable)
  • Telstra Busienss Centre wasn't really helpful(They said they don't do cables)
  • Optus representatives weren't really helpful.(because, nothing found from their database)

Could you please suggest any solution that we can access the fibre internet connection currently installed on the building?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fibre Internet connection?

What's the street name? I might be able to find something out.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Riseryan, feel free to send me the address in a private so I can check it out.

Optus HFC isn't available for business properties so it's unlikely the cable installed there is apart of this network, but I'll double check the area and see what's possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Riseryan
New Contributor

108 wilkie st. Yeerongphilly, Qld 4105

This is the address.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

There is Optus HFC on that street, but only the residential properties further up are eligible. From around number 80 onward isn't possible. Checking Google Maps they all appear to be business properties.

We would only be able to offer an ADSL service until NBN rolls out which looks to be around Jul-Dec 2019.

If there is a cable infrastructure there, it must be via another provider I'm afraid.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

So apparently its pretty common to wire up building with fibre now days. However that is really only future proofing in some cases and its still being fed by ADSL on the street. 

NBN system says HFC this time next year but another system suggested FTTB (Fibre to the Building) guess you'll find out in time.

No idea of your usage but you could enquire at having fibre laid to the place now.

TPG

Vocus

But these cost $100's a month (assuming they can connect to you)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

There is Optus fibre in that area (Optus Business) from my "adventures" in that area quite some time ago.

Suprised it has not been offered - though it can be expensive depending on requirements.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors