Searching...
Highlighted

Fetch remote delays when offline

canyoner

We recently had a blackout & when power restored, it appeared the NBN box was 'blown' (term used by NBN tech). It was replace several days later.
During the time we had no internet connection, we tried to watch free to air TV & recorded items from the Fetch box. With the internet down, when using the Fetch remote we had delays of up to 30 seconds for each hit of a button (Fast Fwd, Rewind, channel up/down, etc). This became very frustrating to watch recorded items. Sometimes (10%) there was no delay, yet most of the time it was a long delay 10-30 sec for each button press. As you can imagine, the button was pressed a few time when it didn't respond the first time, so ended up fast forwarding to the end of the show about 30 sec later, right when when we had just started to watch that show.  
Why would this only occur when the internet link was out?
Is this a know issue with Fetch boxes?
The Fetch box is the latest Fetch Mighty as we only got it about 6 weeks ago.

Re: Fetch remote delays when offline

AlistarS

I've found a couple of other threads on the forum that speak of the same issue. 

Customers have reported some success after performing a soft reset. I'm really not sure why the problem has come about after the blackout you've had.

Failing a soft reset, a hard/factory reset is your next best bet. 

canyoner

Thanks Ryan,

I read all those options & found none were applicable to this situation. As it was OK once the NBN box was replace, & hence the internet was restored.
So as far as I can see this is an issue with the Fetch box/remote when the internet is not active.

AlistarS

Have things improved at all? It could be an issue with the IR receiver or as you mentioned-  the remote itself. 

canyoner

Yes. With internet services restored there are no delays with the remote.
I may do some further testing later with the NBN box powered down.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos