cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RickBurgmann
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch No Longer Working After Upgrading To NBN With OPTUS.

Hi,

I am a long standing Optus Broadband customer. The NBN became available in my area and I decided to stay with Optus. I had a cable broadband account with Fetch box.

I upgraded to the the NBN plan with Fetch / Entertainer. 

Today the technician arrived and set up my modem.

I plugged in my existing Fetch box to the new NBN modem and it no longer works.

I get a message that says it is not activated.

At NO TIME did I agree for this to be disconnected and my contract clearly states that I have the Fetch service included.

Not happy about this.

Would like to get this resolved in the next 48 hours.

Kind regards,

Richard Burgmann.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch No Longer Working After Upgrading To NBN With OPTUS.

@RickBurgmann  as per the Bold Red Text on the Yes Crowd Page 
Note: This is a public online forum.

Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders.

If you log into your account is there a Fetch Activation Code listed? If there is no code I am guessing Fetch was not migrated to your NBN account.
If there is noFetch Activation Code and you have access to the My Optus App, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter message Optus for help with your Fetch Activation Code.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@RickBurgmann wrote:

I upgraded to the the NBN plan with Fetch / Entertainer. 

Today the technician arrived and set up my modem.

I plugged in my existing Fetch box to the new NBN modem and it no longer works.

I get a message that says it is not activated.

I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that you will be sent a new Fetch box as part of the new service and the current fetch box needs to be returned, especially if your current fetch box is not the same as that of the new service.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, Optus stuffed up. Unfortunately whatever system triggers were involved your box is now a dead unit. You will need to return the box to Optus and get a replacement (Request a return satchel be sent out). Any recordings on the box are gone but if you have purchased content it should be re-downloadable on the new box. Its unlikely to be resolved in 48 hours.

As an option you never own the Optus Fetch box. Its theirs. You can buy your own unit (refurbished) from Fetch direct for $280 on eBay. Yours to keep forever and works with any RSP. You don't get the Optus free fetch package though.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fetch-Mighty-PVR-Set-Top-Box-Recorder-4K-HD-M616T/312516775109
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks Tigers1719, *not Instagram 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
RickBurgmann
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, there is no fetch activation code with my account but I'll install the my optus app and check there.
thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
RickBurgmann
New Contributor
New Contributor

They sent me a return satchel but not a new box. However the fetch box I have is less than 12 months old.
Thanks for the reply !
0 Kudos
RickBurgmann
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks ! That is what I was afraid of. Not the smartest company. It seems they struggle to get even the simplest things right. How hard is it not to mess up an existing client when they upgrade?
0 Kudos