Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fee for NBN relocation??

Junski
Hi, I have moved my NBN bundle service to new address and got confirmed by online chat service that the service is free as the house has already connected to NBN. Yesterday I received the bill and there is other charges called " Change Number fee " under my telephone number. We do have home phone line but not using it at all and i didn't request the number change. Besides, my phone number has not been changed as checked new bill and prev bill. Does anyone know what the cost is for? it is only $30 but annoying as i didn't get any explanation about the cost when i applied the relocation service ( spent 55min on online chat for the application). Thanks Jun

Re: Fee for NBN relocation??

petergdownload

Sounds like a glitch. Optus says:

Q. Can I keep my phone number, internet username and current plan?

A. Unless you request otherwise, we'll make every effort to maintain your existing service details and plans at your new address.  We’ll notify you via SMS if you require a:

• New number:  This means a new number unfortunately had to be allocated
  • Temporary number:  This means you’re able to relocate and keep your same number. You will be given a temporary number for a couple of days and then your original number will swap back 2 business days after installation

Keep in mind this is not always technically possible. If a change is necessary we'll let you know when we organise your relocation.

Not sure if any of that happened to you? Perhaps the temp number costs $30? I can only suggest you contact billing and request the charge be removed if Optus can't tell you what it is for. If you have the same number as you had before the swap then obviously a New Number fee is not applicable.

Cust Service should be able to give you a $30 credit on the spot and at their discrecion. Perhaps ask for a supervisor if getting no where?

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Dan_C

@Junski, this is definitely an admin error. It sounds like the relocation order may of been processed incorrectly.

Service relocations must be flagged as either relocating with or without number the number being retained.

If we've processed the order as a relocation w/retain then we're required to go in and manually make the change once the order has been completed.

In doing so, a number change charge is generated.

Send us a PM with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number. I'll go in and credit back the charge for you http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Junski

Hi Dan,

Thanks , i sent PM.

Jun

Dan_C

All done @Junski Smiley Happy You're welcome to continue chatting with us there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
40 Kudos
32 Kudos
25 Kudos
23 Kudos