Searching...
Highlighted

Fee for NBN relocation??

Jtw1991

How come when I moved house and stayed with optus nbn I was charged 2 early termination fees totalling $333 when I stayed with optus on the same plan! I understand if I had to pay for a relocation fee but that's a bit ridiculous and I would have changed providers if I knew it wouldn't be worth keeping financially  

Re: Fee for NBN relocation??

petergdownload

I suggest you find out what exactly the charges are for. Generally Optus will relocate you to another property on the same plan for no fee. Why would there be two charges for one move? 

The only thought I would have is if the house you were moving to was in a NBN ready area but hadn't had NBN installed then the NBN will charge a fee ($250?) to connect to a new house. Same way any new house built today will need to pay $250 to NBNCo to get connected initially.

Peter Gillespie

Re: Fee for NBN relocation??

Dan_C

Two separate cancellation charges @Jtw1991? That doesn't sound right...

We won't charge you an installation/start-up fee for relocating your service.

If the new property is serviceable for NBN (FTTN) and your missing lead-in cables, you might be charged a new line installation fee, however; that doesn't sound like what's happened here. 

Sounds like a processing/admin error. I can go in and take a look. You’ll need to send us a PM with your details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos