Searching...

Faulty Sagecom fast 3864V3 HP? Or incompatible with Windows 7 Premium?

[ Edited ]
Redzircon

I have three computers: an old iMac with High Sierra, a laptop with Windows 10, and a Windows 7 desktop

Problem: The desktop internet connection is dropping out or incredibly slow, not matter what browser is used. This began as soon as the NBN was connected and the new Sagecom hardware installed.

• I have tried using the Google DNS (8888, 8844), and cleared the cache, and restarted everything.

• I have also used the Windows 7 diagnostics on the desktop for network conenctivity,

• All devices are connected with cables, not wifi.

• I tried swapping the cables in the ports in case I had a faulty port on the Sagecom.

• The other two machines are working fine.

Unexpected solution of sorts: using an old router

I swapped the new Sagecom modem for an old router: and now internet for desktop with Windows 7 works!

Therefore, I think Sagecom router/modem is incompatible with the desktop's hardware or Windows 7, or faulty modem? Anyone else experience this?

NB: I checked the seetings in the Sagecom admin panel and from what I understand, I think it is acting as a modem, and not a router. I don't think this can be changed.

Highlighted

Re: Faulty Sagecom fast 3864V3 HP? Or incompatible with Windows 7 Premium?

Ray_YC

I haven't heard that it's incompatible with Windows 7. @Jeneral__Pain might be able to offer some further help?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos