The long weekend is nearly here – time to break out the speakers for a poolside party. Check out Yes... Read the full story
2019-04-07 11:00 AM - edited 2019-04-07 04:26 PM
I have three computers: an old iMac with High Sierra, a laptop with Windows 10, and a Windows 7 desktop
Problem: The desktop internet connection is dropping out or incredibly slow, not matter what browser is used. This began as soon as the NBN was connected and the new Sagecom hardware installed.
- I have tried using the Google DNS (8888, 8844), and cleared the cache, and restarted everything.
- I have also used the Windows 7 diagnostics on the desktop for network conenctivity,
- All devices are connected with cables, not wifi.
- I tried swapping the cables in the ports in case I had a faulty port on the Sagecom.
- The other two machines are working fine.
Unexpected solution of sorts: using an old router
I swapped the new Sagecom modem for an old router: and now internet for desktop with Windows 7 works!
Therefore, I think Sagecom router/modem is incompatible with the desktop's hardware or Windows 7, or faulty modem? Anyone else experience this?
NB: I checked the seetings in the Sagecom admin panel and from what I understand, I think it is acting as a modem, and not a router. I don't think this can be changed.
2019-04-08 11:09 AM
I haven't heard that it's incompatible with Windows 7. @Jeneral__Pain might be able to offer some further help?
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.
Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button